Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pentecost 8-C: July 18, 2010

Lectionary: Genesis 18:1-10a, Psalm 15, Colossians 1:15-28, Luke 10:38-42

Today's sermon was exptemporaneous, so there is no text to share. I may (if I can find the time) write something from the notes I used. We talked about Mary and Martha as the icons of discipleship, each representing one of the two parts of discipleship - both necessary, neither more/less important: Mary, who sat at the feet of the Master, as the breating in of God's grace, Martha, who lived out her ministry of hospitality, as the breathing out of God's grace into the world in mission and ministry. Lots more, but maybe I can write more on it later.

Last week, our Deacon Pam gave the homily. I'll see if I can get her text to post here too.

Meantime: See our announcements on our website: www.redeemershelby.com - especially the one about VBS!!!

No comments: